Monday, February 16, 2009

2009 1st Quarter Reading Challenge - Week 7 Update and my project

Ok, just a refresher on what the 2009 reading goal is. I made a pledge to read 13 books for the 1st quarter of 2009. So far I have read 10 books. Out of the 10 books read, I did not have 2 of them in my original list(bold purple). Now I have to admit that I dropped 1 book from my original 13, Where the Line Bleeds, but I am thinking of going back and picking this up.

If you are looking for a good book to read, my favorite so far is Dying for Revenge by Eric Jerome Dickey, but this is part 3 of the Gideon series, so I say read books 1 and 2 first. If you are looking for a good romance let me suggest Seducing the Matchmaker or Seduced by Moonlight(hmm that is a lot of seducing going on...LOL). I was surprised with J-Pop Love Song, it was an inter-racial romance with some suspense thrown in. It was really a nice story.


January 2009
In Blood We Trust by FD Davis
Seducing the Matchermaker by Elaine Overton
The Holiday Inn by Various Authors
Men, Money and Gold Diggers by Je=Caryous Johnson
Dying for Revenge By Eric Jerome Dickey (Finishing up last few chapters from 2008)
What White Boyz Ride by Various Authors


February 2009
The Cassandra CookBook By Shawn James(I had put this down in 2008 after skimming to the end. I went back and read it.)
J-Pop Love Song By Shiree McCraver
Sinful Chocolate By Adrianne Bryd
Seduced by Moonlight By Janice Sims

Now that I have 10 books under my belt I have to decide what I am reading next. I am going to share with you the books that have made their way into my bag for next week.


1.Fledgling By Octavia E Butler(I am a really big fan of her and if you have never read a book by her you are missing something amazing)
2.After the Lies By Mandessa Selby(I have a review to write for this)


Now I am a HUGE Brenda Jackson fan and although none of her books were part of my 1st quarter challenge, I have a bunch of her books I need to play catchup on, so I may be adding one of her books to my list.

Now, my project, I am crocheting a purple and cream blanket for my baby. I work on that when I get tired of reading, or when I talk on the phone. My second project is creating a baby blanket for my baby sister. She is having a little girl, Hailey, to be born in June(I am hoping on my bday June 17). Ashley has asked that I make her blanket pink and green. I picked up the yarn today and will start on that. I move around a lot with projects, it keeps me from being bored.

I have nieces and nephews I have not done blankets for when they were born, so I think over the next few years I will create them for the kids as a lifelong reminder of Aunt Shonda. My nephew born in October has one I made in blue, chocolate and cream. He got a really big blanket from me, I have not decided how big baby Hailey's will be, it will be a traditional granny square, so it will be easy to add onto until I get tired.

Happy reading until next time.

4 comments:

Dera Williams said...

That purple and cream blanket sounds beautiful. All your projects sound like winners.
Be sure and add The Someday List to your reading schedule at some point. I'm recommending to everyone.

Yasmin said...

Whew you are busy...I don't know how you do it with little ones...and I agree with Dera add the Someday List to your pile...it's a wonderful book!

Ladysilver said...

I have heard nothing but good things about this book. I added it to my list, but I am going to buy it this weekend.

Jennifer C. said...

Lashonda, I've crocheted somethings, but I can't take on any more projects. My mother made the blankets for all her grandchildren.