- My Crackberry, I really spend a lot of time on this phone. Recently thanks to reason number two I have reconnected with some really special people. Moving to Florida really took me out of the loop with people and I have enjoyed my conversations with my found friends. Plus, if you have a Crackberry you can sit in the bed and watch TV on Sprint TV, you can surf the net, follow your Facebook, Myspace and Twitter account. I can text with a full keyboard and post on some of my favorite websites all from the comfort of my bed. I realize that I can post a blog from my phone, but I have not figured that out yet.
- Facebook, a lot of my time on the crackberry is on Facebook. There are things on Facebook that I can not do from the phone that I have to actually log into the computer to do. Scrabble can only be played from the computer. I always have at least one Scrabble game going with my friend and sister and welcome anyone who dares to challenge me. Wow, that sounds really competitive, but maybe that is because I am. Besides the basic Facebook functions you can not get the full use of all of the Facebook applications on the Crackberry. I wonder if there are other phones that will allow this or is this just Facebook Mobile. Maybe it is time to upgrade phones, hmmm, something to look into.
- Reading is a big part of my nights. I have been playing catchup on some reviews that really need to be done. They need to be complete before I get Thug Lovin by Wahida Clark for review. I really do try to be true to the order that I get the books for review. I also have manuscripts that I get biweekly that must be read and critiqued.
- I am just getting old and forgot. I really have no explanation for this statement. I am getting ready to celebrate my 36th birthday on June 17th.(yes that was a shameless plug for my birthday.)
- Baby Hayley's blanket, boy my sister is really going to hit the roof if the baby gets here before the blanket. I have yet to make it to the store to get the last 2 skeins to complete the blanket. I am really hoping that there are no more babies in the family for a while since I have to go back and complete my daughters blanket.
- Love Jones. Yes the movie. The CD in on heavy rotation in my car. Maxwell's song is my all time favorite song on this CD. He is also one of my all time favorite singers and I am so glad that he is coming back out with a new CD and I am trying to figure out how I am going to see him in concert since his closest concert is about 5 hours from me. Maybe a road trip to NJ, I am always looking for a reason to get back there and can not wait to move back home. Ok, so off topic, but I have watched Love Jones about 5 times in the last month. Most recently last night. The spoken word delivered by Mr Tate in the beginning is probably a worn spot on the DVD as well as the end under the bridge in the rain. When that man says "...and this is urgent like a mother*&^%er." I tell you what! Needless to say this is my favorite movie of all time.
Pretty impressive list, and all good reasons for a girl to forget a blog or two. No really, I have to come up with a plan to get blogging on a regular basis. I am toying with the idea of sharing my short stories, but I have not decided that I am brave enough for that yet.
Ok, so this blog was titled "A Whole New Me", what does that have to do with anything I have said thus far? Nothing, but, I have pictures of my new hair and my new tattoo. I have Kinky Twist in my hair and I am loving it. I have decided for the next few months I am going to give my hair a rest from relaxers and MAYBE try locking my hair. I at least want to see how my hair does without the relaxer and I love how Sarah takes care of my hair. I have never gotten braids and had someone wash and condition my hair. When I questioned her about locking my hair and my apprehensions, she suggested that we grow my hair out some and start with two strand twist and lock my hair from that.
My tattoo was a first for me. I have a Z branded on each of my legs for my sorority but have never gone under the needle before. It was not as painful as I thought it would be or as some people told me it would be. My friends fiance did it for me, butterflies and my kids initials on my right shoulder. There is no color now, but I may add some in the future. Seeing as how the tattoo did not hurt, it has opened me up to the thought of going under the wax. Yes, a bikini wax, maybe even a Brazilian. I have toyed with this idea for a while, thinking just once I may try this, but so far I have stuck to Nair. Now I am sure that if I decide to do this a simple, yes it hurt, not it did not will do as an update on this blog. First I know it is illegal to post a before and after, second, I have no desire to enter the soft porn industry. Wow, I am cracking me up with this one. You have got to be able to laugh at yourself and the idea of sharing that with you all if hilarious.
Well, until next time, happy reading!