Monday, January 19, 2009

Change is good

A lot of change going on. Change in our nations capital. Change in my blog design. Change in the weather here in Florida. Change in my eating habits in hopes of winning the biggest loser prize at my job and winning a new me in the process.

There are many people who do not like change. So stuck in their routine that they hate all change. I have somethings I refuse to change.

  1. My toothpaste - Colgate
  2. My drink of choice - Diet Pepsi(anyone who knows me knows I do not touch diet Coke)
  3. My favorite colors - Blue and white way before I was a Zeta
  4. My football team - Go Dallas!!!!
  5. My hobby - Reading
  6. My Coffee - Light and sweet

I am sure there are other things I am stuck like glue to. However, there are times that change is needed. Recently I had to change accounts at work and at first I was upset because I had been with that other account for over 8 years. However, the other account began to ask agents to take mandatory leave without pay in day increments(something I can not afford), they only had one layoff but that was still a plus that I was not in the line of fire with that and the bonus program was taken away. Now I do miss the client paid holidays that we got as a bonus(really missed it when I had to work today because there was no time on the books to approve off). All in all I think I take change in good stride.

So tell me, what do you refuse to change? What current change are you most happy with? How well do you handle change? And since I love books...what book are you reading or what is the last thing you read? and you can tell me what you think of my new color scheme.

3 comments:

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

I refuse to change how much I love ice cream, I shouldn't have it, but sometimes, I just will. My current change is an internal one, to continue to do what brings me joy and passion (writing) no matter what...I handle change extremely well, I was an Army Wife for over twenty years so there was lots of changes...made 'em work for me...I am reading Apologize, Aplogize and The Bishop's Daughter...

Blessings!
angelia

Yasmin said...

LOL...I refuse to change how I fold towels...hehe.
My current change is self-improvement...really to eat healthier.
Regarding change...90% of the time it doesn't bother me...it's the 10% that concerns me...hehe.
I'm reading In Love With a Younger Man.

Yasmin said...

PS The last book I read was the Bishop's Daughter and I definitely recommend it to others.