Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Founders Day to the Men of Phi Beta Sigma







On this 9th day of January 2010, I have decided to dedicate this post to the men of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated. As a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated the men who wear the Blue and White hold a special place in my heart.
History of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. was founded on January 9, 1914 on the campus of Howard University in Washington, DC. The founders were Most Honorable Brothers A. Langston Taylor, Leonard F. Morse, and Charles I. Brown. The founders envisioned the creation of a fraternity that was unlike any founded before it. This brotherhood would thrive based on "inclusion" rather than exclusion.
Motto: "Culture for Service and Service for Humanity"
Colors: Royal Blue and Pure White
So I say to the thousands of Sigma Men, who since the fraternity's inception have truly exemplified Service, Scholarship, and Brotherhood. Zzzzzzzzz Phi Sooooooooo Sweet!!!!






3 comments:

Dera Williams said...

Thanks for the history. I knew very little about this fraternity.

Ladysilver said...

Thanks for coming by and learning about my brothers.

Yasmin said...

My first love is a Sigma...and well I'll keep the rest to myself...LOL. Thanks for sharing.